Five Days In Taiwan - Part One.

05:53


There is in fact a birthday post missing in this blog [my 21st] it's extremely overdue but there is a continuation to it so my lovely readers can await that later.

Having been in Hong Kong for a little bit over a week, my mother who has a serious case of wanderlust whisked me and father off to Taiwan. Similarly to Hong Kong, people in Taiwan often consider themselves a separate entity from the rest of China. Though lifestyles and traditions may be similar there are differences that set them apart. I neglect to think too deeply into what kinds of differences but I can tell you there definitely are some! For the course of the 5 days in Taiwan we spent it with a tour group. Tour groups will give set itineraries for everyday and all tourist members will have to adhere to them. They organise where we go, what we do and what we eat. I'm personally not a fan but my family enjoys the relaxedness of not having to choose and hunt for hotels and things to do and eat so each to their own. 

After a short flight of just over 1h30 minutes, our first destination was a tourist village for lunch and some picture taking. 

Our second destination was Fat Kwong Shan [佛光山] which is the largest Buddhist monastery in the Republic of China. It was extremely beautiful. The architecture was stunning and the indoors seemed very new. Everything seemed carved from marble and I also received a fortune that read:

[Dharma Words]

When criticising others, consider their intentions.
When praising others, consider their behaviour.
~ Master Hsing Yun ~


Inside each pagoda [there are 8 in total] to the sides on the pathway to Buddha's temple there were gift shops and enlightenment practices as well as displays of art, paintings and history of Buddha's teachings as well as history extracts of the religion and culture and of course, the tempe itself. A particular one that captured my attention was the plastic wishing tree, and it seemed that tourists from all over the world had visited this attraction, you simply wrote your name and wish on a leaf then hung them on the tree. Of course I participated. What did I write though? Well, that's a secret.

{Inside the main building there was this spectacular wooden carving of monks and Buddha, it was a masterpiece to behold and must've taken weeks, months, to complete.}

{As mentioned previously, each pagoda held a room and a meaning.}

After taking a round of extremely touristy photos, our group headed for the last couple destinations.

{This is the Tiger and Dragon pagoda, unfortunately when we visited, the Tiger was under maintenance so we weren't able to visit its centre.}

{Mini fried crabs, extremely salty and crunchy, also equally delicious and addictive.}

Taiwan is famous for it's night markets, there are several based around the city and though this one was non-too impressive it was a nice novelty nonetheless. Maybe I am a little biased in my judgement but I personally thought that Hong Kong provided better night market experiences than Taiwan. However I went, I saw, I ate and then left - happy! There is actually a comprehensive list of all of Taiwan's night markets on Wikipedia. This one is called Liuhe Night Market [六合夜市].

I've broken up 5 days into two posts as I've been extremely selective with my choices in photographs. Perhaps I hit what some people may call a photography-block but there were some photos I took which were just poor and I'd like to think I provide nothing less than high quality images that depict my travels accurately for my readers. Fear not, a video shall also be featured soon to sum up my trip! 

So ends part one of my travel log.
Part two will be available shortly!


Loves.
X

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Everything looks so beautiful!

    Gen | raspberry-notes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Taiwan looks like so much fun :)
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos Joey! I'm guessing you had a lovely trip!! Never been to Taiwan and your photos really make me want to go!
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Ay

Instagram

Subscribe