Spring/Summer14 Trending!

18:07

Post filler! And I guess as more of a mental note to myself - identifying some key trends for the next season is a vital job for any aspiring fashion blogger.

The summer staples, florals, pastels and metallics will stay a favourite next season, they've already been featured in several shows already. Somehow these repeated trends for every season never bore because designers are constantly reinventing the trend and experimenting. There are so many ways to wear a trend and even if a certain season is boring it's all up to the individual to customise and make a look their own. I've selected a few eye-catching matches for the trends stated and here's who I've taken note of:

 {Flower Fever: Those girly floral patterns have been given sharpened edges in the new season with designers taking on a cool twist with them. The city chic meets countryside belle look is definitely a look I'll be donning as I love clean sophisticated and structured cuts - but also adore the beauty of flowers. The Jonathan Saunder jacket is the perfect combination of lustre and luxury with a perfect splash of soft colour on hard metallic.}

{Water Colours: Going hand in hand with most floral trends, to compliment the easy breezes and summer sunshine pastels are easy to wear and effortlessly girly. SS14 sees the repeats of popular shades of lilac and soft pink but Ralph Lauren suggests bolder colours to stand out from the crowd.}

{All That Glitters: Is not gold but a range of stunning metallic colours including silvers, bronze, electric cherry red and even mint if you're Marc by Marc Jacobs.}

{The Dark Horse of SS14 Trends ~}
{Text It: What interests me about the oncoming season however is the new LOGO trend. Write it anyway you want and I don't know about you but when I see someone donning a typography/printed shirt, dress, skirt whatever have you - I always compulsively end up reading the text and noticing the pattern. It may be paragraphs or sentences but yes logo's always catch my eye. Whether it's a designer logo, an expressive message or just a chic type of print, text and logo's have always been in the background of fashion but this SS14 it's definitely making it's way to the headlines.}


I've also had the pleasure of visiting Florence, Italy, last week so pictures of those will be up soon! I hope everyone is having a great mid-week. 

What are your thoughts on the SS14 trends?


Loves.
X


Sources used:
http://www.company.co.uk/

{None of the above photos are mine and have all been borrowed from the sites listed, happy browsing!}

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I just got into a more winterly spirit and here is your post, talking about spring/summer 2014 xD Man, it's so hard to keep up with fashion~
    Btw, I love your header! Did you made it yourself?

    Have a thrilling Halloween,
    allthatglittersnotgold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I know it's rather random but in the fashion industry trends are always predicted a whole season ahead so I had to take notes in case I was faced with the question. ><

      Yes, thank you! I dabble on a bit of illustration on the side.
      I hope you're enjoying your Halloween too!

      Loves.
      X

      Delete
  2. okay wow, there's already a spring-summer fashion for 2014. It's crazy haha xD But I think the outfits look so funky and .. different. I would be too shy to wear them in public here but they're nice to look at on the internet LOL I'm talking none-sense again :o I think the Coca Cola top looks funny haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! I totally know what you mean, catwalks like to go a bit crazy because they're really just inspiration and most of the time on the celebs wear the crazy pieces. That's why you have nice places like H&M and TOPSHOP that tone it down for us and make it wearable!

      You could totally work that Coca Cola top! :)

      Loves.
      X

      Delete
  3. Great trends, love the water color pieces you selected! I really enjoy your blog so far and would love to follow each other--please join my GFC and I'll follow you right back!
    I recently joined Instagram and hope we can connect there too :)

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely feeling the pink trend. It's so feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your post dear, the pictures look great. Anyway, I think the water color looks so chic♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really don't know yet which trend will become my favorite as they are almost all absolutely fabulous :)
    following you now on gfc,maybe you want to do the same? :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Ay

Instagram

Subscribe