When the moon hits your eye... | Italy, Florence! Part I

12:14


After pouring what seemed like endless hours into a perspectives project for University, a hand-in on Friday was followed by a sigh of relief {the video I made took me 5 hours in total to render and export, nightmare!} and finally some me-time!

From the 23rd of October 'till 26th, I was in the lovely city of Florence, Italy! (It actually seems like a long time ago now that I think about it...) Did you know, Florence is actually ranked within the top 50 most fashionable cities in the world? Sure enough, Florence high street and city centre was crammed full of fashion boutiques and fashionable people. What struck me most, and I'm a sucker for these on holiday, was the historic architecture which was stunning. Even the flats and restaurants were all beautifully built and had quaint wooden windows with wooden doors. At the expense of sounding like an old lady, things like that are really cute, to me.

Another unforgettable privilege of Italy was the food, I love Italian food despite hating cheese and their gelato is some of the best gelato I've had in my life - for good value too!
I purposely split this post into two parts because of how photo heavy it'd be if I merged them. So welcome to a little bit of what I saw and what I ate!



{A first-dinner-picture with a very unamused-looking Sarah. Photo credits to Medina! I shall link her blog below ~}


First stop, after a 2-3 hour plane ride is inevitably for food. I treated myself to a seafood risotto which was simply delicious, I had around two rounds of risotto in the end... I'll enlighten you as to why later. Dinner was delicious. On the first night we explored the streets and actually got wildly lost, but for the sake of holidays and the novelty of travelling, we'll call it a detour, we surely took the scenic route back to our hotel.

{Had a beautiful cappuccino from this adorable gelato and coffee shop!}

A short hot-drink stop before me and fellow students paid a visit to the Gucci museum (strictly no photos policy) and I complied. Sadly. 
But I have doorway pictures and the brochure we were given for the audio tour of the gallery to compensate.


{The story of Gucci is actually really cute and some of the haute couture dresses in there were to-die-for.}

{View form the second floor of the museum.}
{Saw this beautiful bride and her wedding guests, looking picturesque in Florence.}



Also a must-see if you're visiting Florence, Il Duomo, which means quite literally, the dome. This stunning Cathedral is one of the reasons why Florence attracts millions of tourists each year. The art of the building, inside and out, is simply amazing.


This stunning artwork was within the very dome itself. it features gods, angels, civilians, and as sure as I am sure that there's a story but the picture already struck many thoughts in me. It's got that sublime beauty that captures stories better than words ever could. 

As with most public and free churches, for a small donation you can light your own candle and place it on this tree! It's reminiscent of the time we did the same thing in Paris.


Italy has always been one of those dream places I wanted to visit, for the fashion, the history, the architecture, the food. It's somewhere everyone should visit at least once definitely. Not to mention the weather was beautiful for the days we were there.


Have you ever been to the city of Italy?

Check out Medina's rendition of the story!

Loves.
X


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I've never thought about Florence as a travel destination, but these gorgeous photos make me want to go! Fantastic architecture + food, I'll definitely have to visit that cathedral!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! It's not one of those places that jump out at you like Japan or America but it's a nice quaint trip!
      I wouldn't recommend it for an "exciting" trip though haha ^.^ But yes, very pretty and yummy!!

      x

      Delete
  2. wow how lovely pics! :) I was in Florence but about 7 years ago so I dont remember much, but it's really beautiful city :)
    maybe we will follow each other? (also on facebook if you have :) ) let me know :)
    Kisses!
    DOMINIKALICIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg soo beautiful!!<33 ive alwazys wanted to go to italy esp for the food!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with that city! Full of art and culture, it's just so wonderful. :) And wow, the place is overflowing with delicious food, I wouldn't know what to pick. =D Would you like us to follow each other in GFC and BlogLovin'? I would love to stay in touch and be friends! :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xo
    Chriissydollxo Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for visiting and following my bog, it means alot to me! I'm now following you too in GFC and BlogLovin'. :) I can't wait to read more posts from you, I'm excited! <3

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xo
    Chriissydollxo Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow nice photos! and you have a very nice blog.
    let me know if you want to follow each other xx

    emi-rii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Ay

Instagram

Subscribe