Reviving the artist.

16:17

Having stifled my own dreams of becoming the next Gustav-Kilmt-bred-with-fashion-illustrator-esque artist (and of course the cringeworthy dream being a Manga Ka (meaning Manga artist). I'd given up pursuing my creative passion for drawing, sketching and sewing. Despite spending what seemed like countless hours of education in Art, Design & Technology: Textiles and then an Art Foundation Course. It took me many long years to pry myself out of the dream.

So here I am, in search of something more sturdy. Though it's not completely the threat of being unsuitable for the art/fashion design world that scares me. It's just that these days with so many outstanding artists and designers, in order to stand out, you had to be something really special. If I worked hard I could sketch some beautiful designs but alas - I didn't have the sewing skills necessary to manufacture them. Also any art or illustrating and graphic design student will tell you that job hunting is on the same grounds as finding a needle in a hay stack for them - near impossible.

Over the new year I had the opportunity to be at home for a while so I dug up some old sketchbooks and began reminding myself that I actually had the ability to produce somewhat decent art work. This sketchbook is one of my prouder possessions. It's full of content and personal artwork that responds to my favourite artists's works.






My own personal style is heavily influenced by anime, manga and video game art, and for my fashion tastes - well anything unique and eccentric would definitely catch my eye. I recall practically worshipping the late Alexander McQueen - god bless his soul. He will always be remembered as an artist legend whose work will span the time. I mean the label of I really loved experimenting with different forms of media. Materials I used ranged from acrylic paints, water colours, charcoal, pencil, ink, fabric, pen, felt tips, tracing paper, tissue paper - there was even the feature of CAD! Flicking through my old sketchbooks really makes me want to pick up drawing again. Maybe if I squeeze it in between hours of retail and dissertation writing I can actually update my illustrations tab with recent work!


Are you creative individual? What do you do to stay creative?

Loves.
X

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is so amazing!
    I think I'm kinda creative, I'm trying to improve my drawing skills by sketching something everyday ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg those sketches and artworks are simply amazing

    hope we can follow each other :D
    __________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I will gladly follow you back!!! Us bloggers need to support each other :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did such an amazing job with all of these! i dont have a single artistic muscle in me and i would panick if i ever had to do anything related to drawing
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! amazing artwork

    www.cherrydaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Ay

Instagram

Subscribe